The ultimate in metal form, created with leading-edge technology and time-honoured artisanship — unparalleled strength and beauty befitting the pinnacle of the G-SHOCK brand
Basara was a term of respect used for samurai commanders who shattered conventions with a rebellious style that combined strength and a bold, lavish aesthetic. For this trailblazing watch, we first specially commissioned the making of an actual, one-of-a-kind MR-G Hana-Basara suit of armour based on the Basara commander spirit. Then we created this exceptional watch using the armour as the design motif. Employing ultra-hard COBARION and DAT55G alloys developed in Japan and inviting in a cutting/polishing artisan to apply techniques rarely used in metalwork, we achieved mirror-surface facet cuts in metal — a feat considered virtually impossible. This watch exudes a distinctive aesthetic sensibility and worldview that embraces two of Japan’s proudest heritages: cutting-edge technology and traditional craftsmanship.
President of the Komatsu Cutting Factory. Known foremost for his Hana Shinju faceted pearls produced by applying cuts to the surfaces of genuine pearls using traditional diamond-cutting techniques. The first Japanese artisan awarded 1st prize in the U.S.-based “Gemmy” awards for gem-cutting in 2009. Also awarded the 3rd Monodzukuri Nippon Grand Award Prime Minister’s Prize. One of the foremost Japanese artisans in this field, highly esteemed worldwide.
Face design inspired by
The dial design incorporates a kusari katabira chainmail-inspired woven pattern and mirror-finished components with a folding fan pattern.
The index features a curved form achieved with nanoprocessing to evoke the curvature of
a Japanese sword. Adopting the Hana-Basara armour’s blend of green, red, gold and black hues, the watch face presents a creative design look.
the MR-G 25th anniversary
Brown AIP® (arc ion plating) is applied to the DAT55G case. A plate engraved with “25th LIMITED” adorns the case side to mark the 25th anniversary of the MR-G line.
*AIP®(arc ion plating) is a registered trademark of Kobe Steel, Ltd.
Clad Guard structure
for reliable shock resistance
Integration of the crown/buttons and guard parts offers improved shock resistance. αGEL* inserted into the crown helps to absorb shocks.
*αGEL is a registered trademark of Taica Corporation.
*Image shows MRG-G2000HA-1A.
(high-brightness LED light)
for maintaining watch readability in the dark
highly transparent sapphire crystal
with Bluetooth® and radio control
for enhanced accuracy
MR-G Connected FREE
Multiple functions, all at your fingertips
Watch status display: Graphical display of time-reception status, solar power generation status, internal data update history and more.
Self check (MRG-B2000) : Automatic evaluation of watch functions’ operational status. Displays a screen alert in the case of malfunction.
-Automatic time adjustment*
-World time for over 300 cities
-Home time/world time switching
* App screens shown here may differ from actual screens, since the app is currently under development.
※ The MRG-B1000 can connect with the push of a button, or four times daily on an automatic basis. The MRG-B2000 will connect automatically when within range of a paired smartphone.
* The Bluetooth® wordmark and logo are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of these marks by Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is under license.
* Apple, Apple logo and iPhone are trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
* IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. registered in the U.S.
* Android and other related marks are the trademarks of Google LLC.
* All other company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
* MRG-B2000B is certified under Japan’s Radio Act.
* Mobile Link features vary depending on mobile phone specifications and services offered by mobile carriers in your country.